The Deutsches Stadion was built in 1913 in order to host the Olympic Games in Berlin in 1916. It was opened on 8 June 1913, on the occasion of Emperor Wilhelm’s II Silver Jubilee. A series of postal stationery was commissioned by the German Sports Federation and a special cancellation was used at the Stadium’s post office on the day of its inauguration. The post office was only open for 8 hours and the time of posting, which can be seen in the cancels after the date (12-1, 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, 4-5, 5-6, 6-7 and 7-8).
1913 (Jun 8) 5pf official postal stationery card of the stadium cancelled by « BERLIN / GRUNEWALD / DEUTSCHES / STADION » 8.6.13 12-1 V cds on the day of the inaugural day of the stadium, with official vignette of the stadium adjacent, fine and rare